Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Full Steam Ahead

What struck me tonight is the fact that I can still find extremely talented, like-minded people. And I thought I've been around the block a few times.

It's refreshing as much as it is delightfully surprising. Being a pessimist, I am always ready for people to call off things, to say this or that can't happen because of whatever.

But not today. Not today.

For a long time, I have been working in my own force-field where I follow my own rules, my own code. Oh, I have rules. Lots of them, and only I know when they are broken.

Finding people in similar situations always makes me feel good. I know it is foolish to allow anyone or anything be a factor for one's happiness, but I couldn't help myself.

We are the best at what we do. And we follow the same honour code. In a world where these things don't matter and you have pretenders left, right and centre, it is extremely refreshing to find the real deal sometimes.

Ah, and since I am not announcing any news or is emotionally inflamed about anything, I guess this entry will be short.

Yes, we are the best at what we do. And to avoid being the best at doing nothing, I shall excuse myself right now for a well-deserved rest for tomorrow is another day.