Wednesday, April 4, 2012

While I Masturbate

People say a lot of things about me. Some, good. Others, bad. Most of them untrue.

When I was younger, I spent nine years seeking revenge. I was fueled by anger and hatred.

The past few years, I sought a different way, a different path, because if I went down that road, I know where that was going to lead me.

Anger, hate and pain are addictive. It drove me to work harder than anyone else I know. In the end, all I can say is water that floats a ship can also sink it. That's a line from Drunken Master 2.

These days, you can throw whatever at me, and I'm still the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. I don't whine - I work. No matter how bad it got, I still went on.

Yeah, I did not finish one job last year - worst feeling ever. For an hour. Then I continued working because I know feeling sorry for myself is bullshit.

Because I am a worker, some might try to take advantage of me. Or, feeling threatened, try to nick me with their dull knives. All those people are dead, and I did not kill them. They fell on their own knives. And also please know that backstabbers stab each other, and they stab themselves most of all.

All I can say is that I have worked at some of the most hostile environments known to man - the newsroom. You can spend time talking, or you can shut up and work.

In the end, it is your work that will feed you, clothe you, take you places where you never expect to go. Humans are an unnecessary distraction.

Politics is a game for the weak. It is a matter of manipulating perception, and all perceptions are false.