Friday, December 23, 2011

I Dream of Electric Sheep

Woke up at midnight again. I slept maybe for an hour. Maybe less.

I had a dream of a blue shirt in front of a cabinet full of papers. And that was it. Just one picture. A still image.

I record my dreams for an experiment. It's a useless thing, really. Trying to recreate experiments by noted psychologists.

So far, I have recurring ones where I met Satan(who looks like actor Zami Ismail in traditional garb made of rags), trapped in an oil painting - as part of the painting, part of a military experiment which allowed me to hover inches off any surface and dreams where I try to explain on TV horrific circumstances that I only realise as I grabbed the mic.

I have been having these dreams for some years now. I have no idea what they mean.

When I am tired, I often do not dream, and feel lethargic after I wake up.

Sleep without dreams means I did not go into REM sleep. Dreams only occur during REM sleep and the unique brain-serotonin is only produced by the organ when you dream.

Serotonin is the chemical that controls happiness and apetite.

This is why humans feel better after a restful sleep. Which is why I am going back to bed right now and try to dream of electric sheep.