Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kapten Siamang Dan Berukera Dari Planet Zargus

Malaysians are cynical. An extremely sarcastic people.

And yet we subscribe to black magic and sorcery. We follow dumbasses into war, or worse - economic recession.

We believe that politicians actually stand for something. That MLMs are good. And yet we are doubters.

"Malaysians are a paradox," said a friend, a long time ago.

You see, I am not comfortable with asking the 'who' questions. I ask what and how and why. Who, to me, as a question, is too presumptuous and arrogant. When is too depressing.

Classic psychology divides humans into four distinct archetypes - sanguine, melancholic, choleric and phlegmatic. Each has its own question.

I find that people who constantly ask 'who' - sanguines - to be ineffective. They rely on people, personalities, personal brands - and those can never be constants.

Sanguines act as if they're the best class, but they are the weakest. Flimsy, artificial and used mainly as window dressing. They are shiny baubles on a Christmas tree.

People who ask 'why' (phlegmatic) a lot are too whiny.

"Why did this happen to me? Nyeeehee!"

With 'what' and 'how' people, there is much power. Why the hell am I writing a psychology piece at this hour?

Ah, yes, I need to bore myself before I go to sleep. Cheers!