Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Intermission: Absent Without Leave

I've been busy lately. Was sick for two weeks. Really sick. I got chronic bronchitis and I think I'm borderline COPD - chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or some shit like that.

Means my airwaves are blocked. These past two weeks, I was coughing blood and pus. NOT a good way to spend my time.

I quit smoking. For good. No 'I'm trying to quit'. or 'I'll quit in December' or 'I'm quitting smoking.' No. I quit. Forever. Goodbye, so long, adieu.

Diagnosis is, after my three-pack-a-day smoking addiction, it will take between 5-10 years to get my lungs back into shape - whatever that was NOT ravaged by cigarettes.

Some of my projects are winding down, and some of them are just starting to take flight. I got some stuff I shelved - like the Fixi project - that I need to restart soon.

Am also waiting for some negotiations to confirm my shit for the second half of the year. I said no to some high-profile projects, simply because I was not sure I can commit the time or energy fully for those projects.

I do not believe in spending 10% of my time, focus and energy on one project and then running off to nine other things. I'd rather just focus on a few.

Another reason why I haven't written here so much is because I'm teaching some kids. I got a gig as a lecturer at a private university college. I wasn't asked not to swear, but I always think teaching is some sort of responsibiolity and you gotta be some sort of fucking role model or some shit.

I mean, I'm no fucking role model or anything, but while I'm teaching, I don't want to go out there and do stuff that requires a lot of adult guidance for kids, see?

Kids are all right. Well-behaved, most of them, most of the time, and there is eagerness. They're quite unsure, though. They need some experience in the field. Have a feel on how the world works. Meet idiots. See idiots work. See idiots run. Run, idiot, run. Laugh at idiots. Get screwed by idiots. Get backstabbed by idiots. All that jazz.

I got my schedule full till July, and if I do a good enough job and if I feel comfortable teaching, I think I'll go forward and teach some more. We'll see. I take things a day at a time.

I got myself a backlit keyboard last week, and I'm still fucking stoked about that. Been hard, trying to find keyboards that work for me. Also bought a new toilet seat since I haven't been using one for the past year and a half.

Oh, and a new Blackberry battery that now allows me to use my phone for a whole day on a single charge.

I got some other news as well, but I think I'll let it slide for now. I'm taking things easy, and slowly. I have cut off drama from my life and am now infusing only one sentiment into my being - I do not mind what happens.

I'll post more shit as and when there is shit to be posted.

For now, know that everything is fine, safe and acording to schedule. Like clockwork.

Cheers.