Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Optimus Optimal

Don't ask yourself bullshit questions. Instead, ask yourself, 'what would Optimus Prime do?'

Transform and roll on the floor laughing my ass off? Well, that seems quaint. For a fucking taint!

I am enjoying my freedom. Alas, I am no longer a dumb 26 year old when I first quit my first job.

I feel more... relaxed? Been working like a dog the past week, but I feel good. I feel calm. I feel like a cowboy.

My mind is as clear as a Japanese koi pond. My aches, my bruises, I don't feel any of them.

I'm choosing my projects carefully. On the top of my list are the ones where I work with people who can teach me things. Ones who can show me skills I have not yet acquired or honed.

This is why I took the job writing movies with KRU. I have never done movies before that and the best way to learn is to do it, and they were good enough to allow me in.

This was why I worked with The Malay Mail, and with NST before that. The day I stop learning and improving my craft, is the day I die.

Last year, I tried out lecturing and I think I can only get better at it. This year, I am doing a documentary and a travelogue, getting involved in ways I have never done before. It's fresh and exciting. And even before it was done, I got opportunities to perhaps try my craft with other documentaries and other setups.

I STILL want to do the website I have planned, if I can find someone - anyone - to do it with. I have also never done marketing. Not seriously. Merely opened doors and then alerted others to lock it in.

By the time I am done with this life, I would like to say that I was a student of the world, and I have learned a lot.

Cause I'm a cowboy! On a steel horse I ride! I'm wanted! (Wanted!) Dead or alive!