Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Village People: Gods of the Arena

So I came back to KL, searching for the ones who promised help in securing the funds for the village housing project for the poor.

I found them on their way to Europe. Of course, I can wait for them, but I would like to try and open other doors.

In the next few days, I will contact friends and family members for any contacts for the things I need to get this project off the ground.

And I thought, "Hey, maybe I could push this online."

So here's the plan.

I have a deserving poor family in need of a house. The material and workforce will need a total of RM25,600. The furniture and other odd things will need another RM4,400 or more, making it a RM30,000 project.

WHat I need first are:

1. A charity foundation that is tax-deductible. Meaning, if anyone or any company contributes any amount of money, they can claim it as a reduction on their taxes.

I would need this organisation to house the project under, as well as their letter of support for it, in order for me to make my rounds.

2. Volunteers, First Tier

I would need people who would be able to spend their time and effort in securing funds and help me manage the project. I can start it off, but I can hardly do it alone.

I have some ideas on where to get these, and by end of February, some of my friends will be back from Europe, but I would like to see if anyone out there wants to contribute anything.

Though I do not limit any religion or religious parties from joining me, I must say that this project is strictly non-denominational. As for political parties, well, money would be nice, but I do not want to turn this into a circus, so no heavy presence of any parties whatsoever. Corporate representation, though, is most welcome.

Contact me at amirhafizi@gmail.com.