Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ride the Lightning

I sent my farewell email to the folks at my company last night. Been wanting to write that email since last year.

Who-wee! I feel good after that. I still have to return for a couple of days, after I finish my leave days, to return my Blackberry and pass some final stuff, but I am free.

They say that it's not a good time to be unemployed. The economy's bad, they say. Well, they've been saying the economy's bad since God knows when. They said it in 2006, when I first quit The Malay Mail. They even said it when I first graduated and decided not to pursue any career in my major - computer science - and instead try to be a comic book writer.

I always ride the lightning, boy. Been watching 300 and Deadliest Catch, and I will show you my balls.

Those men, out on boats in the Bering Sea or long ago in ancient Greece, they never let up. Hell, my grandfather fought for Independence. My uncle killed commies.

They're all dead now, so I guess it's up to me to bear the torch.

I don't give a shit what people say or do. I don't give a shit what game is on. I'm not part of the game. I won't be used.

Cause I'm a cowboy, baby!