Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Balls to the Wall

When I was in college, a lot of people say they want to make music videos. Some, wanted to do 3D design. Others, make movies, play in a band, work in advertising, whatever.

Now, like, more than eight years later, most of them are not.

I guess they eventually realised what hard work any of those things are. How little the money is, et cetera.

They perhaps didn't know the kind of hard work that goes into anything. Never anticipated it. Everything would just be laid down in front of your feet. And you get to enjoy prancing around, basking in the image of being creative.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know some people in advertising whose tax returns alone are RM30,000 or more. They drive Beemers and Benzs, and the occasional Bentley. I know directors who make great money.

I have worked with people who make more than RM50,000 a month.

And many - though not a majority - are relatively young. Some are bastards. Some are angels. Some used or backstabbed everyone on their way up. Some, are very kind.

It is how it is.

No matter how high they get all of them talk about more or less the same things. How to be happy. How to fuck more pussy. How to make MORE money.

No use asking them, how much is enough? There's always something.

The happy people - doesn't matter if they're driving a Jaguar or they are drivers driving the Jag for someone else (I like to talk to drivers and security detail/bodyguards) - are always going on about this one drug: acceptance.

Now, I'm not gonna go all New Age and shit again here, but let me tell you a story.

I was in Thailand a lot, cause one of the keys to happiness is getting as much pussy as you can, and some red light districts in Thailand are like an ass buffet, and I love talking to dem hos. Sometimes, I talk to motherfuckers who fuck dem hos. And sometimes, I talk to drivers of tuktuks and cabs who drive dem hos around.

I ask them, "Are you okay with the sex industry?" "Are you okay with foreign men fucking your women?" "Are you okay with fucking strange men?"

The answer I got was consistent.

"Well, maybe in the previous life, she/I was a bitch. Now, she/I is a ho. Ho-hum."

And they're - some of them, at least - happy, sucking cock.

If I was sucking dick all day long, I'm not sure how I can be happy. But these people are. Some, are happier than me. Sucking cock.

Infer what you must.

Oh, and to tie this up, dem hos also have dreams, just like my college-mates. They want to open mini-marts.

Well, looking at the number of 7-Elevens in Thailand (1 every 200 metres in Bangkok and Phuket), I guess they're happy they're on their way to opening more convenience stores, one cock at a time.