Thursday, February 17, 2011

Amir Hafizi: Revolutions

Well, I'm back home. Need to sortie out tomorrow. Got some shit to do, and I hope one of the meetings I set last week would happen.

Not for me, but for a very poor family of nine. I need some corporate support and I can't rely on anyone else to get it.

I don't know if it'll work, but I sure as hell will be doing my best. The project needs about RM30,000 for the house as well as furniture. We're building a very small house - the size of a studio apartment. It's 432 square feet. Comes down to RM59 per square foot.

I'm not doing this to go to heaven. This is just how I fucking roll. A lot of people bitch about poverty, when they have never seen it themselves. A little sticker on your website just doesn't cut it, man.

I need a club or a foundation to park the damn thing under.

If everything goes well, this will only be the first of many other projects. Houses first, then food. Then clothing, then I need to start up some industries and put some jobs there.

My neighbour makes RM400 a month, for a family of eight. And that's IF they pay him. Motherfuckers sometimes just don't.

I tell this, and the usual reaction I get is, "Why don't they sue?"

Hell, if they can afford lawyers, they won't be eating day-old shrimp cooked in a mountain of chilli powder.

Well, no use getting ahead of myself. One family at a time. One thing at a time. One day at a time.