Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tales from the Hangover Side: The Wake

I woke up at a quarter past 3am or thereabouts.

I look back at the stuff I have written before going to sleep, and I feel good. I always feel good with something new and fresh and something I have never written before. I loathe rewriting things.

I want to do that, from now on. I want to write fresh new things, that I know is good. It doesn't matter what others think, as long as I know that it is good, that would be fine.

I have always been a writer, in my adult life. I have achieved whatever I wanted to achieve in this country, via writing. I want to try writing other things, for other situations.

Because the state of it is that, there are so few that feels fresh anymore, here. Everything is tired and uninspired. I'm not whining. I'm just sharing my observations.

One day, I will sit down, and write my books. Cold, hard-boiled fiction. Light, confessional non-fiction. Maybe a fantasy work or two.

I just need funds to do nothing for three to four months. And I think, yes, there is something I can use to get that.

Yet another one of my schemes. But instead of tending to the machinery of Destruction, my mind will be applied to creation and communication.

Wish me luck.