Monday, November 15, 2010

Nocturnal Twilight

They said it couldn't be done. And I did it.

They said it shouldn't be done. Shouldn't be said. And I said it.

They said I need to keep my head low, to avoid envious people. To make sure that my mere existence do not threaten fragile egos. That I would have to accomodate their fears. That I would have to kowtow to their fears.

They tell me not to do things they themselves are afraid to do. Not to protect me from failure, but to protect themselves from possible success. The possible success of other people.

They said, say and will say many things. It is not my duty to sort out their truths and their lies. My only concern is my own Truth, and the lies I tell myself.

Now, if you'll excuse me - and I know you won't - I'm off to settle the final deadline of my day. Before I go to work.