Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Malay Male's Family Values

It was an impossible task, but I told my family some time ago that I am no longer entertaining any drama.

"Emotion," I told them, "is only reserved for good things. For any other, negative or neutral, we shall use logic."

I never thought it would work, but here we are, months later, with only a fraction of the drama we used to have, I am beginning to reap the benefits of my earlier decision.

Zero drama would be good. Not everything is personal. Not even family. And though I opened myself up for emotions some eight years ago to have more skills as a writer, it is entirely unnecessary in real life.

I now deal with my family using logic. I do not entertain egotistical, emotional outbursts. I have become more machine than man.

What I am experiencing is peace and serenity. A by-product, for sure, but a welcome side-effect.

I know that whatever happens, I'll keep going forward. Nothing can hold me back now.