Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Minutes Over Broadway: Medic!

My activities today include a medical check-up. Been coughing like crazy, and I have some things that need to be looked at.

Am trying out a new clinic, so hopefully that will turn out good.

Also have a ton/tonne of work to do. Meetings to set. Stuff to write. Documents to finish.

I also need some painkillers for my headache.

One of these days, I'll do a parlour scene and explain to everyone how smart I am and how I set things up to punish evil and reward myself.

Some things, I worked on for the past nine years. Wayyyy before I started journalism or scriptwriting.

I wrote scripts when I was 22. First time. My first real-paying freelance job. One episode was fully paid, which got me through two months of intense survival back then.

I started journalism, stringing, when I was 23 and was made a permanent staff in early 2004. It has only been six years of full-employment, but I feel like I've been on the job for over two decades. Not for the experience, but for the pain. Hahaha.

If I do stay on the job for 20 years, I think I'd die of cancer 10 years before I can get to the 20th year.

Overall, I've seen some shit. In all manner of businesses and work.

Some idiots still try to test me. They believe that elaborate lies can bring me down. You know, 'put me in my place'. I hesitate to tell them that 'putting me in my place' means installing me as the Lord of Hell itself.

Oh well. I got work to do.

Cheers!