Saturday, October 23, 2010

Seven Meetings and Vitamin Pills

I have seven meetings this weekend, plus a few stories I need to write. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines.

I'm back on Vitamin B. B-complex is supposed to aid the release of energy and decrease stress.

I understand that research is inconclusive on whether or not taking vitamin supplements actually do anything.

Beta Carotene causes cancer, according to one study, if taken over the RDA (recommended daily allowance). And The Big Bang Theory says that vitamin supplements are only ingredients for very expensive urine.

However, Dr M himself recommends multi-vitamins.

What I do believe in is the psychological effect of vitamin pills.

Every time I take a vitamin pill, it's like my body gains extra energy and I can write faster, longer and much more than just regular me. I also calm down a lot and when I am calm, my stuff get even better.

So I take it for the placebo effect as well as whatever it really does. Sure makes my pee smell like asparagus, though.