Monday, July 26, 2010

Eywa Has Heard Me

Someone from my past just messaged me, impressed with my work.

I felt like that time when Neytiri yelled, "Eywa has heard you!!!" in Avatar.

That scene always got me choked up. Okay, I fucking cried.

Cause most of my work is invisible. I am not the writer whose name graces the pages of the paper. I edit them. And even when I do, there is no standing ovation for a well-written piece.

My movies - I hardly get any credit for my toil and struggle. The directors' contribution is more important than my work. But my efforts, like everyone else's, is not insignificant.

I get no applause and very little appreciation.

Over the years, I have learned to appreciate myself. But sometimes, when some people are moved or touched by my work enough that they reach out and share it with me, I do get chuffed.

That my contributions were acknowledged. That I was doing something right. That my efforts had an impact.

That Eywa, God, Science, Atheismo, has heard me.

That would have been divine applause. God's appreciation of my work.

To think of it, God's applause is in the fact that good stuff - great stuff - happens to me.

I am constantly thankful that I have always been blessed with great luck.

Doors and legs and minds and hearts open for me easily. I don't know why, but I am not questioning it.

I am blessed, and for that, I am thankful.