Friday, June 25, 2010

Sing for the Moment

Man oh man oh man oh man oh man.

I am still greatly amused at the growth of some people.

A friend I called up last night is moving up. She is doing well and her career is set to bloom soon.

A dear, dear friend just emailed from overseas with updates on my contingent over there. Yes. MY Contingent.

Most of my friends left the country a few years ago. I... had a hand in convincing some of them that Malaysia is not enough. That there are places in the world for them. That would accept their oddities and insecurities and tolerate their bullshit.

That achieving great work can sometimes be done with a simple shift in perception, or a giant shift in location.

I am really happy to see all these nice people doing well. And that idiots continue to flounder in their small and petty world.

For a brief moment, I thought that there is justice in the world, and that made all the injustices bearable. It was worth it.

I know I shouldn't, but I do miss them. I looked through my phone book for people to call, and I can see that the list, while growing bigger (over 2000 phone numbers), the number of people I can call up has shrunk.

I have efectively decimated my personal support system. Which is why I am going to grow more inwards and isolated in the next few months and years.

I need to condition myself for the day when all of them are gone. Flown the coop. Or maybe I'll pack up and leave, myself, after my affairs are done. My plans never come true, but you never know.

For now, I'll enjoy your company. It has been an honour to have spent time growing up with you guys. I'm proud of all your achievements, and look forward for more.