Saturday, June 26, 2010

Futurama is Back!

I have rules, self-imposed, and if I ever break them, that has only given me cause for pain. So I don't break them anymore.

One of the rules is - I DO NOT WATCH DOG MOVIES.

No fucking way, man. All About My Dog, this Japanese movie, right. I watched it with some hardened film critics and 'intellectuals'. By the end of the movie, there was not a dry pair of eyes in the house.

One of the saddest dog stories ever was from Futurama.

I just watched the two first episodes of Futurama, now BACK on Comedy Central. But if they ever bring that dog back, Fry's dog, I won't watch that!

Cause Fry's dog's story is one of the saddest things I ever saw in Futurama. Or anywhere.

Fry had a dog, see. A mutt that followed him around delivering pizza. When Fry got frozen in 1999, the dog was not frozen with him. This was shown in the epuside Jurassic Bark.

And, SPOILERS HERE!

The dog, it waited for Fry till it died in a volcano explosion or alien invasion or something. In New York City. For like, I dunno, 10 years or something. Every single day, it just waited outside the pizza shop.

And they played a fucking soothing song while showing the dog waiting, all throughout the end credits. Fucking cheap trick! Cheap trick!

SPOILER ENDS

Dogs are fucking stupid, man. I hate dogs.