Thursday, June 3, 2010

Betrayal. Lust. War

A dear friend just called, telling tales of betrayal. It was a story I have heard so many times before.

I was a character in some myself. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Nowadays, I just live my life the best I could. Whenever I am happy, some of them take that as a tiny slap to their face. Good.

I couldn't offer any words of comfort for my friend, because there is no comfort. There is pain. And so we respect the pain. We recognise it. And we let it go, when the time comes.

Fighting pain, makes pain more real. Stronger. Bigger. Makes its existence more profound.

I trust in the karmic balance. Not for bad things to happen to bad people, but simply a confidence and trust that things will work out as they would, regardless of anything.

People who have hurt other people, walk on a dark path. I have also been on that path. There is nothing there but sadness, suffering and misery.

Do you believe that fake people will ever find anything true? Evil people will find anything good?

If people can betray you, my friend, they can betray anyone. And other betrayers will in turn betray them. Is that a happy life? Well, good luck.

I'm not a superhero. I'm Buddha the Barbarian. Buddha CHOP!