Friday, December 18, 2009

Tales from the Drunk Side: When Evil Had Its Day

I took off today, so I could go for an assignment.

My ego is rearing its head. Trying to convince me to destroy, destroy, destroy.

I acknowledge its requests, and then focus on my work. I know what it's capable of. Fuck it, man. I will not tap into the powers of a pain-worshipper. The powers of the whiner. I got too much work to do.

On the flip side, I am so happy to see people so passionate about their work. Most people just won't give a shit. We can certainly work on that. Rather than working with deadbeats and dodgers, I am blessed to have such hardworking colleagues.

For me, I am teetering on the fulcrum of good and evil. Good and evil is, essentially, just judgment. There are no good or evil. There is just is. For now, there is Glee. And sleep. Oh, glorious sleep.