Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Intermission!!!

Insert keys! Dynatherms connected! Infracells up! Megathrusters are GO!

It has been a crazy three weeks. In fact, it has been a crazy five months - barely.

I had very different expectations as to the role I would be playing these past few months. Oh well. We can only plan. I can't be bothered.

I don't give a fuck what other people are doing. Have loads on my plate. After a few months ago finding myself uncharacteristically free, I piled stuff on myself.

Am now working at The Malay Mail. Also doing some creative projects here and there.

Of major concern is my father's health, as well as the rest of the family. I am the youngest, the last son of Pimpton, but I find myself more and more charged with responsibility for the family.

Fuck any kind of work I have ever done before. I mean, I've done TV series, movies, books and comics and newspaper, but the family remains the biggest challenge.

I have held a video camera in one hand, a battery pack for the lighting on my left hip and an audio pack on my right, holding a microphone and thrusting it to people's face at a five-star event, sweating like a pig - all the while being sabotaged by some lazy motherfuckers. However, that does not compare to explaining modern medicine to old people.

This is officially the hardest thing I have ever done as yet - accepting the fact that my parents are humans. And that they are fallible. Also, accepting mortality and the way humans are, were and will always be.

I wanted things to be different, but hey, I also want a Ferrari. Well, no actually. I don't like Ferraris. I like the Volkswagen Touareg.

I've done some stuff, I guess. Not as much as others, but just enough for me. Some easy, some really difficult.

Which is nothing compared to preserving quality of life by forcefully enforcing the diminishment of quality of life. And it is equally hard to see family history repeating itself.

I guess this is what most people go through. Everyone has parents. Sucks to be you, orphans! Some people lost their parents already. I'm lucky to still have both of mine. My father also made miraculous recoveries from four strokes and countless heart attacks.

The fact that he is still alive has befuddled men of science. Goes to show that you only go when you go. When God allows you to go. I believe that my father can pull through anything by sheer willpower alone. The old man's a freak.

Who knows. I might die tomorrow. I might end up getting buried by my parents, which is so not cool. I want my corpse to be shot into space.

Everyone's got shit they need to handle, man. I'm blessed to have good friends and extremely good luck. Helped me a lot.

When the shit went down, and some people tried some weird shit because they are slaves to their own egos, I got friends whom I promised shit who said I didn't have to do shit and that they'd want me for this or that ONLY. Fucking classy motherfuckers, I tell you. And I thought they'd be motherfuckers, geddit?

I am also lucky enough to be able to be happy most of the time. I used to be very, very angry. Anger's never gone. Part of my ego. I deal with it everyday. No point in being angry. Kill, not hate. Did you know that you can kill, without emotion?

Homicide is better than homocide.

The past few weeks, I've been compiling shit. Am going through them now. By Thursday, I think I may be ready for next week's rush.

Oh well. It is how it is. Maybe I need to rest before the big crunch tomorrow. Sleep.