Monday, June 8, 2009

Tales from the Drunk Side: Writers' Guild of Malaysia

I got back from Bangsar to find that the house is brightly lit. I haveeee the POWEEERRRRR!!!

Okay, that's it, man.

Avengers Assemble!

Commemorating the electricity being turned back on, I am going to attempt the impossible.

Pretty soon, I am going to try and call all interested screen writers to form a guild.

Well, it will be more of a club than anything.

Persatuan Penulis Skrip Malaysia (SWAM) is already there, and I do believe they might need some help.

I have access to young, up and coming scriptwriters. Some often whine about their predicament, situation, life, blablabla. Which makes for great fodder for fiction, really.

If I can form a group, no matter how small, and call it De Gil or something, we can take it from there.

We can resgister the organisation, but I think having too many organisations confuse the Government as to who to crush come crushing time.

So my plan is to form a loose coalition of the willing, and then join an existing entity.

The primary purpose of the small group is networking - pure and simple.

Want more stuff? Bigger stuff? Join SWAM. Do shit there.

Workshops? Go for SWAM.

We iz nWo Wolfpac, yo!

Interested scriptwriters need only to email me at amirhafizi@gmail.com.