Saturday, June 13, 2009

Supper Attendant

Oats. For supper/dinner.

Well, it did not go without a hitch.

But it was all right, I guess.

I cooked chicken with some tumeric, a bit of salt, pepper and olive oil.

Kangkong, blanched in hot water. A clear vegetable soup.

The soup provided most of the taste. No extra salt, no aji-no-moto.

In a few weeks, I hope to see my father's cholesterol levels down.

This was not easy. Convincing a 68 year old man to deviate from his high cholesterol, high sodium, high sugar diet was extremely difficult.

I guess when you get older, priorities change. You don't give a fuck anymore.

My father is talking a lot about death, so I change the subject to Anwar Ibrahim.

He hates Anwar. Never trusted the guy, and I guess, never will.

He thinks I'm pro-opposition. I do not make any attempts to correct that.

As long as he eats healthfully and takes his medicine, and keep his cholesterol and blood sugar levels low, I'm fine.

I am not in a competition to be anything, as some people appear to be.