Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Hollow-grams

"So, are you disappointed in me?" She asked.

I chewed the shrimp in the fried rice.

"I would have been, if I expected something from you."

I adopted one of those long, thoughtful looks. Pensive. Cause I'm cool and shit.

"But. Wisdom? You are not wise. At least, not as wise as Thai hookers. Sexiness? You are not as good as the Thai girls. Or even some Thai men. Authenticity? Bah. We both know how fake and pretentious you are. Independence? Manipulating people to do what you want is not independence. And relying on the perception of others? Maturity? You are not mature. And that is coming from me - the guy who refused to grow up since he was 10."

I took a sip.

"No," I said. "I am not disappointed."

Her fingers shook. It went instinctively to her star earring.

"Will you stop judging me? It's none of your business. You...you...sick pervert!"

Her voice wavered. On the brink.

I shrugged.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I'm wrong. Now, fuck off and die, Jem."

She went of crying into the night.

"NEXT!"

A hot erm...maroon-head? Sidled up to me.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Kimber - Jerica's sister."

"Are we fucking?"