Friday, November 14, 2008

Tales from the Drunk Side: Empty

We take a break from Alam to talk about me.

I went to the Press Club tonight feeling empty.

Not the bad kind of empty. Not the good kind either. Just the empty kind.

I was just, empty.

And so an idealist said to me,

"I thought things would be different. I thought my life would be different."

And I could think of nothing to say.

Just,"Expectations."

And she said, "Yes."

I have been talking about emptiness for quite some time now.

But this is by far the most depleted I have felt in my entire left.

I have no more desire. I am tired. Too tired to even have expectations. Too empty to feel anything.

It was a roller-coaster week, on a daily basis.

And I find myself not caring anymore. I just don't give a fuck.

Whatever happens, happens.

The world can choke on my bulbous dick and I would not care.

I am comfortably numb.

Sigh

Told you Friday night is my emo night.

Coming up: A World of Change.