Monday, November 17, 2008

Handling Despair

Looking back, it is easy to laugh at depression.

But if you're in it, there would seem to be no way out.

What worked for me is acceptance.

Accept the fact that at the moment, all you are feeling is despair.

Then embrace the fact that nothing is permanent. Even your despair - it, too, shall pass.

And you, too, will one day die. And it would not matter if you were depressed or happy.

Nothing would matter, in the end.

When you die, you die. That's it. That's all she wrote.

All the hate and the feeling of being trapped - it won't matter anymore.

Trust me. It's hard to believe, but I've been depressed before.

I mean, with my perfect life, it's hard to imagine someone like me being at the mountains of madness. Standing on a ledge. Holding on to the edge.

Crazy, innit?

People will always try to push or stab you. They will paint ugly, unflattering pictures of you to other people.

It's their way of saving face, bowing to their ego.

They cannot stand anyone being or rather seeming to be more than them.

And if you can live with that, you can live through anything.

Oh well. What to do?

This, too, shall pass.