Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Being a Superhero is a Thankless Job

Rocky got skewered by commenters on his blog for even insinuating that Teresa Kok's lawsuit is against freedom of the press, free speech and freedom of expression.

Yep. They often shoot the messenger, especially if he is Flash or whatever.

I mean, I was also attacked for telling some bad news. Even though I tried, heroically, to find a solution that would have worked out for everyone involved.

Some people just can't be helped.

As a superhero, I understand this. You can't save them all. And even helping a drowning man can get you dragged into the depths.

The only way to stay afloat is simply to accept it as it is. That's the way things are. That's the way people are.

If I give in to my emotions, I would become a supervillain.

And while I have no qualms about that, it is not something I want to do or be.

I am a superhero. I am Captain Yesterday, Man of Tomorrow, Pimp Masta G, Count Clitoris, etc.

Oh well.

Rocky must have realized that freedom of speech does not apply to him, even though he probably fights for it, or something like it.

There's nothing to be done, and with some people, you just have to learn to let go.