Sunday, July 27, 2008

Malaysia: Generations

From my outlook, the people my age will either destroy this country or leave it en masse.

Already, there is a mass, ongoing exodus. My dearest friends have left or are leaving for Canada, the UK, the States, New Zealand, Australia.

These people are people I respect and hang out with. The artists. Thinkers. Tinkers. The brains. And some muscle.

Yeah, people SPEAK of the brain drain. They TALK about the brain drain. I experience it. I live it.

The phrase 'ask not what the country can do for you blah blah blah' is an old one. And only old people believe in it anymore.

To the young, if you're a nationalist, it's either because you're not fucking cool, you want some UMNO free aid or you want to get into Anwar's pants.

Look at the number of bloggers. The ones who make the most noise about anything are the old ones. People over 50 years of age.

The young folk can't give a rat's ass about the country.

Even some old folk don't give a shit. I was told by an old guy a few weeks back, that "You shouldn't care about all these bad things. As long as you can make money and pay your bills, it's all right. Why SHOULD you care?"

And I'm not saying we should. Cause if I do say we need to think about solutions to the country's problem, then I won't be cool anymore. No one will worship me and sacrifice virgins in my name.

If I do care and try to do shit, people will laugh at me. And in the Malay world, having yourself laughed at is the worst thing ever. Worse than death. Worse than going to hell. Worse than being SEEN as unIslamic.

In the Malay world, being a victim is the highest honor one can achieve.

Well, actually, come to think of it, ALL the other races milk sympathy just as bad as us fucked up Malays.

"We were ethnically-cleansed! Boo fucking hoo! I wanna be a Brit! Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle! Boo hoo hoo!"

Though we do it with more drama.

Anyway, people my age were raised with hatred towards the country. We were taught to hate ALL politicians. We were taught to hate other races.

Racial polarization is a very real thing. I experienced it then, and I experience it now.

The past few weeks, I even got it from people of other races as well. They still think that it's easy for me cause I'm Malay. And my Malay special rights.

They seem to think that all I have to do is call up a Malay rights guy and I'd get RM10,000 in my mail the next day.

First of all, Pos Malaysia is so fucked up, you can't get mail the next day. Second, if it IS that easy, I won't be here now. I'll be in the UK. Or Thailand.

If it's so fucking easy to be Malay, I offer up my entire special rights to anyone who can pay me 2 million dollars.

Yeah, man. Take it. Only thing it was good to me was to get two free bags of manure.

In fact, how about this - I offer my Bumi special rights to anyone. For FREE. Take it. I don't want it.

And I got wise asses telling me, "Oh, you're doing it wrong."

Fuck you, bitch.

Malay rights got me into a fully-sponsored all-boys boarding school.

Ooooh. Big fucking deal, all-boys boarding school. I had to watch my ass for 5 years, for fear of getting raped.

Anyway, yeah, my generation will one day leave or destroy this country.

I don't give a shit. Cause I'm cool and shit.

In the next few months, I'm going to do some shit that may or may not destroy this country. Or solve some of the problems. And taking the advice of the old dudes, I'm going to make some money out of it.

Read it in the papers, bitch.